Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The move


I have moved from the diving paradise to the tropical mountain paradise. It was quite a journey. First, I went from a small boat to the dive boat. Then, I went to another small boat which took me to a pier where I had to walk from there to a stair case with 50 steps up to a car which took us to the tiny air strip. From there it would knock off another 2 hours of 48 in the air total on this trip.

We arrived back in Denpassar, Bali which is a very busy city. In Bali for every car there are about 30-40 mopeds squeezing through the cars and down the road in every which way, carrying 1-5 people. There are no lanes and they drive on the left side of the road. From Denpassar we then took a 1 and half hour drive to our new location, Ubud. We have our own infinity pool with a great view of the valley below.





On our first day out we got to ride on elephants, go to a coffee making plantation and watch billions of white headed herons come in for a nights rest. Leaving Wakatobi was sad knowing that the trip is half over but I am still staying in the best places ever.

P.S. I saw 3 cuttlefish and 2 Pygmy seahorses on the last dive so now I can relax. I was a little panicked going in because it was a wall dive and our last dive. Just so you know, cuttlefish are not common and don't prefer wall dives but apparently they preferred it this time. :)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Kupu Kupu Barong hotel, Ubud Bali

No comments:

Post a Comment